On Saturday, June 9th, the Ozark Tea Party came together to work towards a brighter future for America. Sadly, our vision and message was tainted by an incredibly inappropriate joke told by one of our committee members, Inge Marler.
I was shocked when it was told and as the leader of this organization, I sincerely apologize. Jokes like these have no place in American Politics.
Due to her unfortunate actions, Ms. Marler has agreed to leave the Ozark Tea Party Steering Committee. Ms. Marler did not speak for me or for the Ozark Tea Party when she told that joke. We hold ourselves to a very high standard, and her joke went against what we stand for as a Tea Party. As anyone who has organized an event knows, it is impossible to control every word that is said at the microphone. If I could have stopped her, I would have. Once again, I apologize on behalf of the Ozark Tea Party.
I was very impressed by the media coverage of our Tea Party. I was beginning to think that Investigative Journalism was dead. However, the media has proved me wrong. I would ask the media to continue to do their jobs and to discover the truth wherever it lies.
To help the media out I would like to provide a few examples of stories that have been greatly underreported:
* Occupy Wall Street Rapes http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/05/04/occupier-harrison-schultz-lies-about-occupy-rapes
* Barny Frank’s Racist Joke http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-05-28/news/31879764_1_hoodie-commencement-honorary-degree
* Arkansas Democrat Bill Wisely’s Inappropriate Comment – “I have been racking my little brain trying to figure out how conservatives can be against abortion, birth control and feeding children through food stamps and then it dawned on me. If you primarily sleep with hookers and little boys, unwanted pregnancies really aren’t your first worry.”
* Eric Holder’s “Fast and Furious” operation http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jun/07/news/la-pn-eric-holder-grilled-over-fast-and-furious-in-congress-20120607
* Rep. Maxine Waters’ Ethics violation
I do not highlight these recent indiscretions from leaders on Left to justify the comment of Ms. Marler. Rather, I am pointing them out to encourage accountability in media coverage.
Ms. Marler was wrong in telling that joke and is no longer a part of our organization. She was held accountable. However, Eric Holder, who is the United States Attorney General, used tax dollars to pay for guns that were used to kill American citizens, and he has not been held accountable. Rep. Maxine Waters has not been held accountable. Rep. Barny Frank has not been held accountable. I would argue that given their positions of power, not only their words but the implications on their actions vastly out way the affect of Ms. Marlers’ inappropriate joke.
Lastly, Occupy Wall Street, who has been coined by the media as, “the Left’s answer to the Tea Party,” has not been held accountable for the rapes, vandalism and public defecation, that have occurred during their events, on multiple occasions. I have yet to hear of a Tea Party event where young women were raped, businesses were shut down, and activists were pooping on police cars.
I have no problem with the media holding us accountable. We held ourselves accountable. I just wish they gave the same treatment to everyone.
Okay, let’s walk through this. Just for shits and giggles.
- The late Andrew Brietbart’s “rape list” inspired by the need to defend this drunken rant has been discredited.
- Here’s Frank’s joke, and really I don’t see what’s racist about it. Seems like it’s more a joke about racism to me but I guess if you’ve got to explain the joke it really wasn’t funny.
- Seriously? We’re still talking about this clown Bill Wisely? Thought we took care of that already.
- The Fast & Furious “Scandal” is a Republican witch hunt.
- And yeah, Maxine Waters is a crook and shouldn’t be in Congress. No disagreement there.
Now, let me break something to Richard Caster. You didn’t hold yourself accountable Richard. No one at that rally spoke up about it at the time. No one would have condemned it if you weren’t called on the carpet. The folks at that rally responded with “yeah!” and laughter to that joke. No one held themselves accountable here, including you with your little whine about how you’re the only ones getting picked on or whatever.
Meanwhile, Senator Irvin, who was in attendance, still hasn’t made a statement on this.